Sunday, April 5, 2009

Eggs alla Kels, Waffles and Sausage

A new twist on an old favorite.

I was in a hurry tonight so we had breakfast for dinner. The waffles and sausage are straight forward, the eggs I made up on the spot and my husband loves them! He said, "Quick post them on your blog before you forget!" So here they are online so I'll never forget!

Ingredients

Waffles-Krusteaz is the best, follow directions on the back on the bag. I cook for two adults and 1 small child so I halved the waffle recipe. (1 cup mix, 3/4 cup water, 1 Tablespoon water) I ended up with three, 4 inch pancakes.

Sausage-Jimmy Dean's Regular. About half a pound. (We're not big meat eaters) I form 3 small burgers and fry until done over a low heat.

Eggs-
3 eggs
dill weed (two pinches)
paprika (one pinch)
salt (two pinches)
pepper (dash)
about 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
about 1 Tablespoon water
So, I don't really measure, especially when I'm in a hurry! I put the eggs in a bowl, sprinkled with dill weed, paprika, salt, and pepper, add cheese and water, beat with a fork or whisk for about 1 minute.


I started by making the sausage. While that was cooking I mixed the waffles and started to cook those. Put the oven on warm. After the sausage is done put on a small plate in the oven. When the waffles are done put on a large plate in the oven (to keep warm). Cook the eggs in the pan you cooked the sausage in, over low to medium heat. (They will be done very quickly). Serve immediately. Enjoy!

Side Note:
Having yummy breakfast reminds me of a cute little Bed and Breakfast here in town. Matt and I stayed there one night of our honeymoon and then on our 1 year anniversary. They have unbelievably yummy breakfasts!!! It's called the JJ Shaw House. We loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment