Friday, July 10, 2009

Blueberry Rhubarb Crisp

This recipe is so easy! I brought this to a get together and it was enjoyed by 4 year olds and up.

Blueberry Rhubarb Crisp

3 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened sliced rhubarb
1/2 cup regular rolled oats
1/2 cups all-purpose flower
1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter

FOR FILLING: Thaw fruit if frozen. Do not drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place fruit in a 2 quart square baking dish.
FOR TOPPING: In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over filling. Bake for 30-35 minutes. (40 minutes for frozen fruit) or until fruit is tender and topping is golden. Makes 6 servings.

Notes: I doubled the recipe and used a 13x8 cake pan, it took longer to cook I'd say 45-55 minutes. Use a pastry blender to cut in the butter. This is quite tart, I served it with ice cream and it was perfect...except I'm always wishing there were more topping...maybe I'll just decrease the blueberry/rhubarb filling next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment