Friday, July 10, 2009

Blueberry-Yogurt Muffins

I made these for my grandmother the other day and boy are they delicious! They are very moist and just sweet enough to be delectable.












Blueberry-Yogurt Muffins


2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsweetened orange juice
2 T vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 8oz carton plain low-fat yogurt
1 egg
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 T sugar

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in the center of mixture, set aside. In a separate bowl, combine orange juice and next 4 ingredients; stir well. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Divide batter evenly among 12 muffins cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle 1 tablespoons sugar evenly over muffins. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes, or until golden. Remove from pans immediately; let cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.

Notes: I substituted 8 oz sour cream for the yogurt. The batter was a lot thicker than I thought it would be, more like bread dough than batter (I don't know how muffin batter is suppose to be...sadly I've only ever made the instant boxed stuff!). I must have filled my muffin cups too full because I only got 8 muffins out of this. Make sure you taste the batter, it's yummier than the muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment